People choose Shores of Leech Lake because the resort is near downtown Walker, is on the paved State Trails, offers protected, covered mooring for boats and the lake bottom here is all sand. All cottages and many RV sites are lakeside with a spectacular view. All cottages offer air conditioning, WIFI, flat-panel cable TV and a lakeside fire ring. You'll find your cottage completely ready to use including towels.
People return to Shores of Leech Lake because the setting is beautiful and facilities are top-notch and well-maintained. More than 60 cruising sailboats moor in Shores marina harbor. Each cottage is lakeside with a southern exposure and a breath-taking view down Walker Bay.
- Limited number of bicycles free for customer use. It's just slightly more than 2 miles by paved trail into Walker.
- Protected harbors and covered slips for your boat.
- Sandy swimming beach.
- WIFI is available in each cottage and in the Lodge.
- Comfortable lodge with free coffee each morning, locally brewed beer on tap, wine, pizza, snacks and convenience items. (Summertime only. Cottages are available in the winter, but the lodge is closed in the winter.)
- Cottages each have flat-panel cable TV, WIFI, air, gas fireplace (except Cottage 1), lakeside fire ring, charcoal grill.
- Cottages are ready for your enjoyment - fully equipped kitchens, bath towels; everything necessary for a comfortable stay.
- RV sites have water, 50-amp electricity, sewer, cable TV and a fire ring.
- Shore power and water at each dock in the marina.
- Marina includes: gyn pole, pump-out, crane-lifts, shrinkwrapping & winter storage, gas, ice, bait.
- Sixty fixed-keel cruising sailboats moor in Shores marina - a very pretty setting. Shores is home to the Shores of Leech Lake Yacht Club and the Leech Lake Regatta.
- Canoes and kayaks free for customer use.